U.S Dollar Funds – Quadrus – London Life
U.S. Dollar Funds
Overview – Understanding the U.S. dollar option
|U.S. dollar priced funds should be considered for the convenience of clients who want to spend U.S dollars.
Features of holding U.S. dollar priced funds:
· There is no investment merit to holding the USD-priced over the CAD-priced version of the same fund as purchases and redemptions are handled in U.S. dollars.
· For any fund that has a USD option, the Fund units are part of the same pool of assets as the CAD priced Fund units. For USD-priced units, we take the CAD price and convert that price to USD.
|Opening a plan & placing purchases||U.S dollar funds:
· Only permitted on client-held, non-registered plans
· Cannot be combined into an account with Canadian Dollar funds – a new account application will be needed
· Not permitted into U.S. Dollar plans
Ø EFT purchases
Ø Systematic transactions (PAC/AWD)
*Do not place purchases for U.S funds on Investment Centre.
|Switches and Redemptions
|· Enter Switch and redemption transactions through Investment Centre on a U.S dollar plan.
· Switches cannot be placed from U.S. dollar funds into Canadian dollar funds
· Redemptions cannot be paid out via EFT. Proceeds will be issued by cheque in U.S dollars.
|Use complex cover sheet – 46-8875|
|Inter-office mail:||London T-424
|Contact:||Call your Advisor Services Representative (ASR):
Contact us > Investments > Quadrus Investment Services Ltd. > ASR Contact list